References MARCH 2017
Prevent & Treat Colds Naturally
- Pizzorno, J., Murray, M., The Textbook of Natural Medicine (2013). Churchill Livingstone: St Louis, MO. Ch. 39, Homeopathy; Ch. 47, Soft Tissue Manipulation; Ch. 153, Bronchitis and Pneumonia; Ch. 195 Otitis Media.
- Roxas M, Jurenka J (2007) Colds and Influenza: A review of Diagnosis and Conventional, Botanical, and Nutritional Considerations Alt Med Rev 12(1):25-48. Accessed 11 Jan 2017: http://www.altmedrev.com/publications/12/1/25.pdf
- NDHealthFacts.org “Upper Respiratory Infections.” Accessed Jan 11 2017: http://www.ndhealthfacts.org/wiki/Upper_Respiratory_Infection_(Common_Cold)
- Ullman, Dana. Evidenced Based Homeopathic Medicine (2016). Homeopathic Educational Services: Berkley, CA. Accessed 11 Jan 2017: https://www.homeopathic.com/Documents/EbookSAMPLEHomFamilyMedicine.pdf
- Ulbricht, C., “The common cold: An integrative approach. A natural standard monograph.” Altern Complement Ther (2010), 16:6, 351-8 Accessed 13 Jan 2017: http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/act.2010.16602
- Hershoff, Asa Homeopathic Remedies, A Quick and Easy Guide to Common Disorders and their Homeopathic Treatments (2000) p 58; 256; 264; . Avery Publishing Group: New York
- Marom, Tal et al. “Complementary and Alternative Medicine Treatment Options for Otitis Media: A Systematic Review.” In Wen-Hung Wang (ed), Medicine 95.6 (2016): e2695. Accessed: 9 Jan. 2017. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4753897/
- University of Maryland Complementary and Alternative Medicine Database, Online. The following Accessed Jan 2017: Sinusitis: http://umm.edu/health/medical/ency/articles/sinusitis, Common Cold: http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/condition/common-cold
- Healthline.com “What is an Acute Upper Respiratory Infection?” Accessed 11 Jan 2017: http://www.healthline.com/health/acute-upper-respiratory-infection#Overview1
Fennel adds Healthy Flavor to Your Cooking
- HerbWisdom.com “Fennel- foeniculum vulgare.” Accessed 4 Jan 2017: http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-fennel.html
- WorldsHealthiestFoods.com “Fennel” Accessed 4 Jan 2017: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=23
- Curtis, S. “Fennel” as cited in Essential Oils. (2014) Winter Press, London: UK.
- MedicinalPlants.com “Fennel” (2014) Accessed 4 Jan 2017: http://medicinalplants.us/fennel-foeniculum-vulgaris
- Badgujar, Shamkant B., Vainav V. Patel, and Atmaram H. Bandivdekar. ” Foeniculum Vulgare Mill: A Review of Its Botany, Phytochemistry, Pharmacology, Contemporary Application, and Toxicology.” BioMed Research International (Aug 2014) doi:10.1155/2014/842674. Accessed: 4 Jan. 2017 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4137549/ (full text)
Warm Whole-Grain Salad With Fennel, Arugula, Prosciutto, and Pecorino Recipe
- Recipe Source: Serious Eats: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/04/warm-whole-grain-salad-with-fennel-arugula-prosciutto-and-pecorino.html
Can You ‘Bee’ Healthy with Royal Jelly?
- Yuksel, Sevda, and Sumeyya Akyol. “The Consumption of Propolis and Royal Jelly in Preventing Upper Respiratory Tract Infections and as Dietary Supplementation in Children.” Journal of Intercultural Ethnopharmacology 5.3 (2016): 308–311. PMC. Web. 11 Jan. 2017: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4927136/
- Morita, Hiroyuki et al. “Effect of Royal Jelly Ingestion for Six Months on Healthy Volunteers.” Nutrition Journal 11 (2012): 77. PMC. Accessed 13 Jan 2017: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3499288/
- M. Viuda-Martos, Fernández-López “Functional Properties of Honey, Propolis, and Royal Jelly.” J. Food Sci (2008) 73:9, R117-R124. Accessed Jan 13 2017: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1750-3841.2008.00966.x/full
- Royal Jelly: https://www.drugs.com/npc/royal-jelly.html
- Organicfacts.net “Royal Jelly.” Accessed 13 Jan 2017: https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/animal-product/royal-jelly.html
- DerMarderosian, A., et al., The Review of Natural Products (3rd Ed.). (2004) Facts & Comparisons. Accessed 13 Jan 2017: http://dlia.ir/Scientific/e_book/Science/Botany/QK_1_474.5_General_/014766.pdf
- Guo, H., et al., “Royal Jelly Supplementation Improves Lipid Metabolism in Humans” J. Nutri Sci Vitaminol (2007) 53, 345-348. Accessed 13 Jan 2017: https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jnsv/53/4/53_4_345/_pdf
- World of Honey.com “Royal Jelly.” http://world-of-honey.com/bee-products/royal-jelly/
Fight Cough and Cold With Osha Root Extract
- GlobalHealingCenter.com “The Lung Cleansing Benefits of Osha Root.” http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/lung-cleansing-benefits-of-osha-root/
- Colorado State University Plant Database. Accessed 3 January 2017: http://jeffco.us/coopext/plantdetail.do?sna=Ligusticum%20porteri&image=0
- Pollinator.org. “Medicinal Fact Sheet: Ligusticum porteri/ Osha”. Accessed 3 Jan 2017: https://pollinator.org/Resources/Osha%20-%20Ligusticum.draft.pdf
- Gagnon, D. “Osha Root Sustainability.” 2015. Accessed 3 Jan 2017: http://www.herbsetc.com/content/PDF/Osha_root_sustainsabilty_.pdf
- BeneficialBotanicals.com “Osha Root” Accessed 3 Jan 2017: https://www.beneficialbotanicals.com/tincture-information/osha-root.html
Eustachian Tube Massage
- Giudice, L., “Otitis Media” as cited in Pizzorno, J. E. Textbook of Natural Medicine. (2013) St. Louis, M.: Elsevier. (chapter 195), 1678-1684.
- Personal Communication: Eli Camp, N.D. 9 Jan 2017.
- Medline.com “Eustachian Tube Function and Anatomy.” Accessed 10 Jan 2017: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/874348-overview
- Channell, M., “Modified Muncie Technique: Osteopathic Manipulation for Eustachian Tube Dysfunction and Illustrative Report of Case.” J. Amer Osteopathic Assoc., (May 2008) 108, 260-263. Accessed 4 January 2016: http://jaoa.org/article.aspx?articleid=2093698
- Cunsolo, E. et al., “Functional anatomy of the Eustachian tube.” Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. (2010) Jan-Mar;23(1 Suppl):4-7. Accessed 10 Jan 2017: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20152070
- PubMed Resources for various Eustachian tube massage techniques, manual and using vibratory medical devices. Accessed 08 Jan 2017: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=eustachian+tube+massage
Flou’rish Members ONLY |Login to ACCESS
Awarded Top Acupuncturist in Montclair
What Clients Are Saying
The training and mentorship is something my staff was missing. Dr. Lisa came in and worked with every team member until we were all on the same page and our stress levels went down dramatically. She will be an ongoing partner in improving our work environment and culture.
My life is finally on track!
Dr. Lisa saved my life! I owe her my life.